Hi,

You didn't mention your C* version, but starting from 3.4 SASI indexes are
available. You can try it with SPARSE option, as uuid corresponds to only one
row.

Best regards, Vladimir Yudovin,

Winguzone - Cloud Cassandra Hosting

---- On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 05:21:31 -0400 Micha <mich...@fantasymail.de>
wrote ----

Hi,

even after reading much about secondary index usage I'm not sure if I

have the correct use case for it.

My table will contain about 150'000'000 records (each about 2KB data).

There are two uuids used to identify a row. One uuid is unique for each

row, the other uuid is something like a groupid, which give mostly 20

records when queried.

So, if I define my primary key as (groupuuid, uuid) then:

"select * ... where groupuuid = X" gives me 0 - 20 rows

"select * ... where groupuuid = X and uuid = Y" gives me 0 | 1 row

now, sometimes I want to query only with uuid:

"select * ... where uuid = X" to get exactly one row (without using

groupid)

Is this a good use case for a secondary index on uuid?

Thanks for helping,

 Michael