Hello Folks -

I'm using apache-cassandra 2.2.8.

I see many messages like below in my system.log file. In Cassandra.yaml file [
cross_node_timeout: true] is set and NTP server is also running correcting
clock drift on 16node cluster. I do not see pending or blocked HintedHandoff
in tpstats output though there are bunch of MUTATIONS dropped observed.

<start timeout message >
INFO  [ScheduledTasks:1] 2017-07-20 08:02:52,511 MessagingService.java:946 -
MUTATION messages were dropped in last 5000 ms: 822 for internal timeout and
2152 for cross node timeout
<end timeout message >

I'm seeking help here if you please let me know what I need to check in order
to address these cross node timeouts.

Thank you,
Asad