Hi

I’m a little dim on what multi datacenter implies in the 1 replica case.     I
know about replica recovery, how about “node recovery”

As I understand if there a node failure or disk crash with a single node
cluster with replication factor 1 I lose data.    Easy.

nodetool tells me each node in my 3 node X 2 datacenters is responsible for
~1/3 of the data.    If in this cluster with RF=1 a node fails in dc1 what
happens ? in 1 dc with data loss can the node be “restored” from a node in
dc2?.  Automatically?

I’m also asking tangentially how does the data map from nodes in dc1 to dc2.

I hope I made that coherent.

Roger