Hello,
   On my forrest 0.8 based website, I have done settings for UTF-8 to make a
Japanese website.
   On local tomcat and jetty, it works fine showing the Japanese characters
correctly. (My machines is Japanese Vista m/c)

   The problem is when it is uploaded on to the shared server (linux with
tomcat apache), the browser is not seeing them as UTF-8 encoded for display.
The correct UTF-8 Japanese characters can however be seen if the browser
encoding is chosen for EACH page to UTF-8 again and again. (The html file
generated is also having a meta data as follows:
 So generation seems to be ok till here.

   This behavior is observable on my forrest website www.sumpurn.com  (or
www.sumpurn.com/com.sumpurn.web/index.html) where we will first get garbled
data, but it would become OK if for EACH page the browser encoding is set to
UTF-8 (The characters are entirely in Japanese UTF-8 ....)

   I followed all the instructions given in forrest for UTF-8 and the
instructions given in cocoon website
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2/1366_1_1.html#theory for UTF-8. However, I am
yet unable to make it work. My gut feeling is that apache server's http
header is sending non-UTF encoding to the browser, and that needs to be set
via forrest/cocoon/apache tomcat.

  Could someone please guide me as to what other settings are required to be
done?

Thanks
Best wishes
Praveen