lewis john mcgibbney wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a small problem which is the addition of a new project logo to our
> already running Forrest site.
>
> In /forrest/src/documentation/resources/images/    I have added my new logo
> and have also specified it in the skinconf.xml which is in /documentation a
> follows
>
>   <!-- project logo -->
>   <project-name>Nutch</project-name>
>   <project-description>Open Source Web Search Software</project-description>
>   <project-url>http://nutch.apache.org/</project-url>
>   <project-logo>images/nutch_logo_tm.gif</project-logo>
>
> However when I build the project in /forrest with 'forrest',, copy
> /build/site to /publish then commit, the logo doesn't change, infact it
> actually shows a dead link to the image as you will see here [1].

Looking at the Nutch SVN i do not see either
the source logo, which should be in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/nutch/site/forrest/src/documentation/resources/images/
nor the "published" copy, which should be in
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/nutch/site/publish/images/

Perhaps you forgot to do 'svn add' for each of those.

> I've tried rebuilding and re-committing and it doesn't seem to be working at
> all.

I suggest viewing the site before publishing,
e.g. via 'forrest run'
or by opening the relevant local generated pages.

This helps to isolate such problems.

The Forrest project also suggests
http://forrest.apache.org/howto-forrestbot-svn.html
as a better way to deploy the published documents.

-David