Hi again,

I'm back working on this and could do with some pointers. Please see below
for some of the keys areas.

I've looked closely at your references and read both the forrestbot "svn"
workstage and forrestbot automated build and deploying documentation. I
understand completely how I want this to work and your suggestion for the
process of editing sourc, updating the Nutch site, then an additional
forrestbot task would update the new /docs directory within our SVN
nutch/branches/branch-1.4/docs diretcory. This would then enable devs to
simply svn update and any documentation changes would be updated. It would
also provide an excellent way of shipping the generated docs with our next
release. The parts I am struggling to understand are below:

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:27 AM, David Crossley <cross...@apache.org> wrote:

> lewis john mcgibbney wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As a project, we are wanting to ship core documentation with the software
> > distribution. Currently the Nutch site documentation can be found here
> [1],
> > however we would like to start shipping it with our branch-1.4 [2] under
> > new /docs directory.
> >
> > I know this is rather trivial and that there must be documentation on it
> > somewhere but I have not been able to get my hands on it from the Forrest
> > site yet!
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers.
> >
> > [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/site/
> > [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/nutch/branches/branch-1.4/
>
> I gather that you mean the "generated" relevant docs for that version.
>
> You could use the "Forrestbot" as we do for our Forrest project docs.
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/howto-forrestbot-svn.html
> How to deploy documentation with the Forrestbot "svn" workstage
>
> In our case we deploy our generated documentation to SVN forrest/site
> which gets 'svn up' on people.apache.org to publish our website.

I 'think' this is already done. I am waiting for a reply from the more
experienced dev's to give me insight into how committed changes to the site
source are actually fed through to nutch.apache.org. As I know of no other
method for doing this other than the one your specified, I am going on the
assumption that this is already in place.

> The Nutch project could do that too for your website docs.

Excellent, this is now my intention :0)

> Then have another "Forrestbot buildfile" which deploys the relevant
> docs to SVN nutch/branches/branch-1.4

How does this task get executed? If my comments as above are correct, this
appears to be the main task at hand, therefore I am trying to find out where
the additional buildfile is located and if this process can be triggered
should there be any update to the site documentation e.g. a commit from the
dev's.

Apologies if this seems I have not done my research, but I am just not
getting it...

Thanks again for any help that can be offered.

--
*Lewis*