Dear Apache enthusiast,

ApacheCon and Apache Big Data will be held at the Intercontinental in
Miami, Florida, May 16-18, 2017. Submit your talks, and register, at
http://apachecon.com/  Talks aimed at the Big Data section of the event
should go to
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
while other talks should go to
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/program/cfp

ApacheCon is the best place to meet the people that develop the software
that you use and rely on. It’s also a great opportunity to deepen your
involvement in the project, and perhaps make the leap to contributing.
And we find that user case studies, showcasing how you use Apache
projects to solve real world problems, are very popular at this event.
So, do consider whether you have a use case that might make a good
presentation.

ApacheCon will have many different ways that you can participate:

Technical Content: We’ll have three days of technical sessions covering
many of the projects at the ASF. We’ll be publishing a schedule of talks
on March 9th, so that you can plan what you’ll be attending

BarCamp: The Apache BarCamp is a standard feature of ApacheCon - an
un-conference style event, where the schedule is determined on-site by
the attendees, and anything is fair game.

Lightning Talks: Even if you don’t give a full-length talk, the
Lightning Talks are five minute presentations on any topic related to
the ASF, and can be given by any attendee. If there’s something you’re
passionate about, consider giving a Lightning Talk.

Sponsor: It costs money to put on a conference, and this is a great
opportunity for companies involved in Apache projects, or who benefit
from Apache code - your employers - to get their name and products in
front of the community. Sponsors can start any any monetary level, and
can sponsor everything from the conference badge lanyard, through larger
items such as video recordings and evening events. For more information
on sponsoring ApacheCon, see http://apachecon.com/sponsor/

So, get your tickets today at http://apachecon.com/ and submit your
talks. ApacheCon Miami is going to be our best ApacheCon yet, and you,
and your project, can’t afford to miss it.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@apache.org
VP, Conferences