It's not a bug, it's the current behaviour of the system. Nothing prevents us from evolving this behaviour.

Feel free to raise the JIRA issue, describing how you'd like to see it evolve.

Cheers

On 19/09/2014 16:12, Anders wrote:

I would argue that this is a serious bug, a bug that has been there for a long time.

This strange "lock down" of parameter names when using example tables has annoyed me for a long time.

This bug is seriously limiting the reusability of step methods.

Is there an issue for this in Jira that we can vote on?

*From:*Zheng, Ayesha(AWF) [mailto:xuzh...@ebay.com]
*Sent:* den 19 september 2014 11:24
*To:* user@jbehave.codehaus.org
*Subject:* [jbehave-user] Parametrised scenario problem

Hi all,

I have a scenario:

Given a user open homepage

Then should see <message1>

When user do something and go to another page

Then should see <message2>

*Examples:*

test.table

And test.table with content:

|message1|message2|

|Welcome|Hello|

And step "Then should see <message1>" and "Then should see <message2>" do the same thing: just check the text.

So I just want to implement it once time.

Code like:

@Then("should see <message>")

*public**void*shouldSeeMsg(@Named("message")String message)

{

    // check text...

}

When running this case, I hope it can match both step "<message1>" and "<message2>".

But the problem is, I found the parameter name in code must be the same with the name specified in scenario.

These steps always in PENDING status.

Could anyone help to how to solve this?

Thanks very much.

Best Regards,