Could you share the code you use to get the blob store context? IIRC
when using the "region scoped" one you need to specify the region.
Something like:

RegionScopedBlobStoreContext ctx =
contextBuilder.buildView(RegionScopedBlobStoreContext.class); // with
your modules
BlobStore getBlobStore("regionId");

What region ids are returned if you call: ctx.getConfiguredRegions() ?