Jacques,

That page was a huge amount of help.  Unfortunately I'm still stuck at one
particular par that I think you may at least (with your knowledge of how
JAVA works).

I'm still getting the "Service does not exist in loaded JCL registry" error.

Can you please shed some light on the following.

I think it may have to do with my jpos.xml config and / or my
epsonJposService18*.jar files.

1) In th example (I realize they'll be a bit different depending on the
version of ADK and your specific printer.) but in my jpos.xml entry I have
<JposEntry logicalName="EpsonTM">
        <creation factoryClass="
jp.co.epson.uposcommon.util.EpsonJposServiceInstanceFactory" serviceClass="
jp.co.epson.upos.pntr.T88IVService"/>

the class path is so much different than the example.  My question is
this.   How do I follow this path back to confirm?  I know in ofbiz (where I
actually learned how to follow these paths) that it's all in the "src" files
and you just follow the path org.ofbiz.pos etc. etc.  How do I follow the
JPOS entry?  I can't find anything to confirm if I need to change the
uposcommon to jpos180 (like in the instructions that you pointed me to).

2)  I still can't for the life of me find the 2 jars except where I found
them before.  I feel like I should be able to build them but I don't have a
build file ANYWHERE in my Epson ADK directory.   If there should be, than
that MAY be my problem!! ;)

as always,

Thanks guys!