Hi,

I'm not a Shale user or regular reader of this mailing list, although I gave it a look about a year ago. JSF 2.0 is going to be standardizing the best ideas from Shale's Clay, View Controller, Tiger extensions, and other features. JSF 2.0 is doing the same with facelets, jsftemplating, Seam, AJAX4JSF, etc. Once JSF 2.0 is out, will there be a need for bolt on frameworks like Shale, Seam, JSF Templating, Facelets, AJAX4JSF, etc?

If I had the skills necessary to maintain a sophisticated framework like Shale I would join the JCP and help standardize the best features.

Thanks,
Ryan

linux.eavilesa wrote:
Hi all,

I've been tracking user and development mailing lists during some time, and I think that people is getting (including me) a little bit nervous about Shale project. I think that the main reason why is the fact that there is not a well defined road map now for the project and many of as have bitten to use Shale in front of other frameworks.

First of all decide if Shale has a future (that I think that it does) and redefine or reinforce the project goal.

So in my opinion we should focus on defining or determining three key concepts: · Define the project team organization, mainly the project leader and the development team.
· Determine the release of the stable version (date and who will lead it)
· Analyze each module and decide which must eliminated and which is worth keeping alive

You will say....

Thanks for your time.

Esteve