Gary VanMatre wrote:
-------------- Original message ---------------------- From: Paul
Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gary VanMatre wrote:
-------------- Original message ---------------------- From: Paul
 Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Greg, My understanding is Shale v1.0.x and v1.1.x works with
JSF 1.x.  Their may be components that are JSF version
specific, but this is the exception.

I agree but the shale test library for 1.1.x supports JSF 1.2
mock objects which means it has Java 1.5 & JSF 1.2 dependencies.
The rest of the libraries are still JSF 1.1 based.

So SHALE-262 - "Provide optional support for parsing
faces-config.xml files in the classpath at startup time" will need
to be backported to 1.0.x to test a JSF 1.1 application, like
Tomahawk?

Are their other alternatives the backporting?

Humm, it looks like the shale test pom has a 1.4 profile that
excludes the JSF 1.2 objects.  The 1.1 trunk has the same type of
profile.  Unless I'm mistaken, we would need two deployments for JSF
1.1 and 1.2.

Is this what "classifiers" are for?

I see their is are profiles for jdk 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6. 1.4 is for Servlet v 2.4 where as 1.5 and 1.6 are for Servlet v2.5. Based on this I see 2 distributions, one for JSF 1.1 (profile = shale-test-jdk14) and one for JSF 1.2 ( profile = shale-test-jdk15)

Paul Spencer

Gary

Paul Spencer