Gary VanMatre wrote:
From: Tyler Zale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi,

I have been trying to integrate ajaxanywhere 1.2.1 with shale using clay html views. As I understand it so far, the only way to achieve this is to have clay components defined (I am unaware of a simple include taglib directive in html views).

So I downloaded tld2claycfg from the svn and got it working (converted tomahawk 1.1.6 ok) but the clay config that gets generated for ajaxanywhere is blank (just results in: <view/>).
I know it is finding the dependency.

Here is the tld section from the pom.xml in the "\maven\trunk\tld2claycfg\test\target\classes\META-INF" folder:

            <tld implementation="org.apache.shale.Tld">
              <name>META-INF/tlds/ajaxanywhere.tld</name>
              <version>1.2.1</version>

<mbFilter>(?i).*Listener.*,(?i).*Validate.*,(?i).*Convert.*</mbFilter> <acFilter>(?i).*Listener.*,(?i).*Validate.*,(?i).*Convert.*</acFilter>
            </tld>

            <tld implementation="org.apache.shale.Tld">
              <name>META-INF/tomahawk.tld</name>
              <version>1.1.6</version>

<mbFilter>(?i).*Listener.*,(?i).*Validate.*,(?i).*Convert.*</mbFilter> <acFilter>(?i).*Listener.*,(?i).*Validate.*,(?i).*Convert.*</acFilter>
            </tld>

Can someone let me know if I am on the right track or going about this completely the wrong way?

I think that this plugin looks at jar pom/file dependencies in the the class path. Try add the ajaxanywhere dependency to your pom.

Also, I have no idea about the mb/ac Filters, can anyone enlighten me?

The list of MB regular expressions are used to determine what tag attributes are value bindings versus method binding. The clay xml config has an attribute that is used to determine what type of binding expression it is.
I'm not sure what the heck the ac filter is used for.  You can see some
examples here (clay-config.xml, tomahawk-1_1_3-config.xml):

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/shale/framework/trunk/shale-clay/src/main/resources/META-INF/

Thanks,
TZ

Gary