The Apache Struts group is pleased to announce that Struts 2.5.5 is
available as a “General Availability” release. The GA designation is
our highest quality grade.

Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating
enterprise-ready Java web applications. The framework is designed to
streamline the full development cycle, from building, to deploying, to
maintaining applications over time.

This release contains several improvements just to mention few of them:
- webconsole can always be accessed, see WW-4601
- Space character and includeParams, see WW-4628
- Empty <s:param name="p1" value=""/> is being supressed, see WW-4631
- remove ASM 3 from struts2, see WW-4646
- SMI do not work with JSON plugin, see WW-4649
- Concurrency issue in addDefaultResourceBundle, see WW-4652
- Action parameters should be included when building the URL to
action, see WW-4654
- StreamResult closes outputstream early, see WW-4662
- NullPointerException when displaying a form without action
attribute, see WW-4663
- ParametersInterceptor excludeParams only applies to first instance
of params interceptor in paramsPrepareParamsStack, see WW-4667
- URL validator is case sensitive, see WW-4671
- Select box does not pre-select chosen values, see WW-4675
- Tiles-Plugin unable to load tiles definition XML, see WW-4679
- Missing brackets in checkbox.ftl of css_xhtml template, see WW-4681
- Move Struts Archetypes to dedicated project, see WW-4316
- Add dedicated class to represent Http Parameters, see WW-4572
- ParametersInterceptor should check collection index to against DOS,
see WW-4620
- Move example portlet-app into struts-examples, see WW-4660
- Upgrade JFreeChart plugin to the latest version of JFreeChart, see WW-4670
- StrutsPrepareAndExecuteFilter should check for response commited
status, see WW-4674
- ConversionErrorInterceptor to extend MethodFilterInterceptor, see WW-4676
- I18N Interceptor automatically validates Locale, see WW-4677
- Upgrade Tiles to 3.0.7 GA version, see WW-4680
- Allow directly accessing I18N keys from Tiles defintions, see WW-4685
- Merge two existing I18NInterceptors into one, see WW-4686
- Exclude "java.ext.dirs" when scanning for actions, see WW-4688
- CycleDetector - use enum instead of String constants, see WW-4689
- Upgrade Commons Collections to 4.1, see WW-4695
- Upgrade to Log4j 2.7, see WW-4696
- Warn about excluded action/method only when DMI is disabled, see WW-4697

Version notes
http://struts.apache.org/docs/version-notes-255.html

All developers are strongly advised to perform this action.

The 2.5.x series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum
requirement of the following specification versions: Servlet API 2.4,
JSP API 2.0, and Java 7.

Should any issues arise with your use of any version of the Struts
framework, please post your comments to the user list, and, if
appropriate, file a tracking ticket.

You can download this version from our download page.
http://struts.apache.org/download.html#struts-ga

Regards
--
Łukasz