Hi,

JSON plugin uses its own conversation mechanism, check JSONPopulator
but I think it should be possible to inject XWorkConverter and use it
to convert objects - this requires implementing your own
JSONPopulator.

There is a task to do it so it should happen in Struts 2.5 ;-)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3364

Regards
--
Ɓukasz