Thank you Lucasz for looking into this. Yes I Have all the setter and getter
for all the properties. Its working now. I just need to give the whole path of
the property in the s:select value attribute.
Like value="%{diseasetracking.diagnosisDTO.primaryDiagnosis}"
Because I have the property in the diagnosisDTO object which is in the
diseasetracking model object, if I give the complete path of the property, its
working now.

Thank you all for looking at my issue.
Kiran