Hello,

we are still using Struts 1.3.8 in a big project. And we are definetely not considering migrating to struts2. Because struts2 is a totally different framework - so no advantage to move to struts2 instead of another framework. So just pick the best solution for the future.

For us a long term maintanance is important. And a smooth migration. So we made the decision to migrate to a more service based architecture using JSON/REST with golang server and also some Spring middleware.

Just check which architecture is suiting you best and keep the Struts1 running. Perhaps update to 1.3.10.

The EOL is not really an argument. Struts2 will have an EOL too.

Just my two cents

Norbert

(Struts 1 in production since 2003)