There is a hardcode limit to grow a collection but it looks like it
wasn't documented - feel free to open a ticket in JIRA.

https://github.com/apache/struts/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/opensymphony/xwork2/ognl/accessor/XWorkListPropertyAccessor.java#L50
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-4620

Define the following constant in struts.xml to increase the limit
<constant name="xwork.autoGrowCollectionLimit" value="1234"/>

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/