Once you created the connector, you save and you go back to the Topology page.

Once you are there you can left click on the connector that you already created and a grey menu will open on the right.

From that menu you have to choose "Create Resource"

Once you will have also create the resource you will see that a new "square" will appear in the topology view.

Arrived to that step, you click one more time on the Resource and a bigger menu will open on the right.

From this menu select the second bullet point, from there you will be able to syncronize the mappings (firstName : givenName: lastName : sn... etc)