ilgrosso wrote
> short answer: from Admin Console, go to Configuration > Types >
> AnyTypesClasses, edit 'BaseUser' and add 'firstname' and 'lastname' there.

Thanks!  That worked like a charm!

ilgrosso wrote
> Long answer: invest some time in understanding how the type management
> works in Syncope:
> https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#type-management

Well, now that you have pointed out the solution it became apparent and
trivial.  But I have looked through the complete reference guide a couple of
times before the issue came up, and missed the small part of that section.

I'll say, an illustrated how-to document for most common tasks involving
both the configuration and UI would eliminate questions like mine.  And to
put my "money" where my "mouth" is - I'd be happy to help with that.  :)

Thanks again for you competent advice, Francesco.

- vlad