Hi,

One reason that many Cocoon users have stayed with the 2.1x stream is that
some very useful blocks never made the transition to 2.2

Personally, the hassle of migrating to 2.2 was not worth the gains it
offered (Spring meh).

As we are all aware Web application development has evolved in many
directions since the birth of Cocoon in 1999. JQuery and AJAX has moved
much of the burden to the browser. Similarly, Node.js has made server side
development easier. I found a way to easily use Node.js apps as a way to
develop Cocoon 'generators' see
http://warrell.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/extending-life-of-my-cocoon.html

This provides more benefits to me than moving to 2.2 but, as they say, your
mileage may vary

Cheers