It's traditional. We wait for the last minute to get our talk proposals
in for conferences.

Well, the last minute has arrived. The CFP for ApacheCon Seville closes
on September 9th, which is less than 2 weeks away. It's time to get your
talks in, so that we can make this the best ApacheCon yet.

It's also time to discuss with your developer and user community whether
there's a track of talks that you might want to propose, so that you
have more complete coverage of your project than a talk or two.

For Apache Big Data, the relevant URLs are:
Event details:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe
CFP:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe/program/cfp

For ApacheCon Europe, the relevant URLs are:
Event details: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe
CFP: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/program/cfp

This year, we'll be reviewing papers "blind" - that is, looking at the
abstracts without knowing who the speaker is. This has been shown to
eliminate the "me and my buddies" nature of many tech conferences,
producing more diversity, and more new speakers. So make sure your
abstracts clearly explain what you'll be talking about.

For further updated about ApacheCon, follow us on Twitter, @ApacheCon,
or drop by our IRC channel, #apachecon on the Freenode IRC network.

--
Rich Bowen
WWW: http://apachecon.com/