It depends on what type of Serializer you use and what kind of Serlializer
config you put into your sitemap?

By default XMLSerializer/HTMLSerializer uses UTF-8 encoding. So instead of
1 UTF-16 char you got 2 chars UTF-8 encoded.
Of cource there might be also issue with emoji charset, but I would first
try to change encoding in Serliazer config (to be UTF-16).

Greetings,
-Greg