Hi everybody

I have an extension bundles (a fragment bundle which extends the system bundle)
whose Manifest looks like this:

   Manifest-Version: 1.0
   Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
   Bundle-Name: Support for Sun Microsystems Inc. Java version 1.6.0_07
   Bundle-SymbolicName: org.example.jvm.support.fragment
   Bundle-Version: 1.0.0
   Fragment-Host: system.bundle;extension:=framework
   Export-Package:
com.sun.accessibility.internal.resources;provider=java;version="1.1.1",
    com.sun.activation.registries;provider=java;version="1.0.1"

Then I have some normal bundles that use DynamicImport-Package (with matching
attributes) to import
the packages exported by that extension bundle (respectively the system bundle).

   DynamicImport-Package: *;bundle-symbolic-name=system.bundle

Or like this

   DynamicImport-Package: *;provider=java

But those DynamicImport-Package headers do not work, the requested packages
cannot be resolved
at runtime. If I use the following DynamicImport-Package without any matching
attributes:

   DynamicImport-Package: *

then it works as expected and the packages (classes) can be resolved at runtime.

I read the OSGi core specification (4.1) and my interpretation is that the
system bundle should export
the packages from the extension bundle with all the export attributes as they
are provided by the
"Export-Package" header from the extension bundle. Furthermore the framework
should add the implicit
attribute "bundle-symbolic-name" to that exported packages. In other words the
attribute "provider" and
the implicit attribute "bundle-symbolic-name" should be visible when I call the
command "headers 0" in the
Apache felix shell. But the result I get printed on the shell is without that
attributes. The only attribute that
the framework correctly takes and publishes from the extension bundle is the
package version attribute.

So can anybody tell me if I am wrong or is this a feature/bug in apache felix.

Kind regards
Alex Berger

P.S. Please don't bash on me because I use DynamicImport-Package (I really know
what I am doing) I just
want some clarification about this subject.