Le 17/02/2017 à 00:46, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

> But I'm confused. The Handbook says Calc can be used as the datasource
> for a Form in Writer.
> But even Alexander's method still gives me no option to select the
> Registered Spreadsheet (The options box remains empty)!!
>
> The other replies tell me Calc can _NOT_ do this (But the Handbook says
> it can!!??)

I believe Robert is correct. Spreadsheets that are accessed directly as
datasources are read only (they always have been, AFAIK, ever since the
early StarOffice days). In other words, even if you manage to bind that
datasource to a form, you can only ever read from it (and not enter new
data).

It was my (mis)understanding that you had used a Calc spreadsheet to
convert your spreadsheet data to a Base ODB file (using the hsqldb or
some other db engine). The aim of my reply was to show you how one can
define the data source for a form.

An alternative would be to craft a spreadsheet so that it looks like a
database form, e.g. by using coloured cells, dropdown lists, etc, but
this would be a poor man's alternative.

Alex