*Thanks Everyone*

I seem to have stirred-up a real Hornets Nest here - but to me it just shows how badly this part of LO is!!! It's a GREAT program except for this problem and of course the orphan child Base!!

Anyway - still no luck here - I tried the Side-Bar method first of all but my version has no such option as Cell Styles - so no joy there!!

Next I tried starting a new Spreadsheet, changing to the Font and size I want, (which is what I've been doing for a couple of years or so), and then saving this as a Template with the name 'Default'. I then close down the program and re-start it and it comes up with Liberation Sans 10 still!!!! *GRRRRRR!!!*

This should be one change in the Options Menu - "Set Default Font and Size". Why all these hoops to jump through!!!!!
It's no wonder some people leave LO for other programs!!

But thank you all for trying - appreciated. (back to the repetitive manual method I guess!!!!!)

IanW
Pretoria RSA.