for instance, see http://collation-charts.org/mysql60/mysql604.utf8_unicode_ci.european.html
Je la 12/03/2017 19:07, leleu skribis :
see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_collation_algorithm
now the problem is "where is the "collation algorithm" of calc ? An algorithm which obviously has to change according to the language.....

Je la 12/03/2017 18:50, Gary Collins skribis :
Thank you, yes it does. I got it to work with Greek iota which is about the least obtrusive. Strangely (to my mind) some less obtrusive characters with higher unicode *dont* work. Its a bit of a mystery whats going on, i can only surmise that there is somewhere a table of 'blacklisted' characters which are not taken into account for sorting purposes. This new (ish) sort order lark has been a right pain in the proverbials for me, generally speaking. I'll now just scour the table in the hope of finding something even better but at least there is *something* that'll work

Thanks,
G.
On Sun, 12/3/17, Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com> wrote:

  Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] sort order
  To: users@global.libreoffice.org
  Date: Sunday, 12 March, 2017, 5:51
    At 17:58 11/03/2017 +0000, Gary
  Collins wrote:
  >I'd like to know if there is a character, preferably
  some sort of
  >discrete punctuation mark, that will come *after* z in
  the sort
  >order when using natural sort. My problem is that i have
  some codes
  >beginning Aa which really speaking should come after Z.
  As a number
  >of up to 3 digits follows the letter(s) in each case, im
  getting A#
  >followed by Aa# then B# which really wont do. I have to
  use natural
  >sort as i need eg A12 to come after A3. Ive tried a few
  punctuation
  >characters and some special characters but i cant find
  one that
  >works. Any light that can be shed on this would be very
  welcome
  >indeed. I really dont want to have to precede Aa with a
  z if that
  >can possibly be avoided.
    These are not punctuation marks, but a bit of
  experimentation
  suggests that any Greek character, upper or lower case, will
  serve.
    I trust this helps.
    Brian Barker
  All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and
  cannot be deleted