I knew that there had to be some others to see this type of thing. I did not try to run anything else but the file manager after I found the issue in LO.

I think partly, I made some things worse, since I had to start with 12.04 since Ubuntu dropped the needed dependency[s] for my Canon photo printers to work correctly. Version 13.10 was the last one that had it. So I install 12.04 and upgrade to 14.04 and cannot allow the install to remove the obsolete packages, since 14.04 renamed the needed packages after it was "reworked to make it better". Had to do that with all my Ubuntu installs so that they will properly work printing anything in color from text to high resolution photo printing. I run Ubuntu 16.04 on all of my systems except the desktop I talked about in this thread posting.

I wonder if this issue is cause by Linux's and the desktop manager interaction with an unknown error/bug in LO's coding. I was told that there was a major conversion from one - or more - programming language to a different and better language. It that is what happened, then I know our developers are doing the best to find and fix any errors/bugs/etc. of either the old code blocks/objects or ones that were made with the newer coding as we go between different versions of LO. [ sorry it might not be said correctly ]

STILL we all need to support of our developers and bug finders. We would not have a package that so many of the articles tell us is the best Free and/or Open-Source Office Suite. Even with these minor issues cropping up once in a while, I would never use MS Office even if you paid me, as long as I had access to LibreOffice on that platform. On Android there is MS Office packages that are "free", but I still use an open source option. That is how much I hate MS Office and rarely use Windows 10, unless I had no choice in the matter.

On 03/23/2017 06:09 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
I had similar after upgrade to Leap, but not with LO. I upgraded 2 near identical (but obviously not) machines. One exhibited your symptoms, the other didn't. I changed the desktop theme on the problem machine and it seemed to fix the issue.
Steve

On 2017-03-24 07:17, Virgil Arrington wrote:
This may not be quite the same, but I notice that if I put my computer
to sleep while LO is running, sometimes when I reopen it, I get similar
behavior with LO, with various toolbar or menu items all white or
blanked out. It is not always limited to LO, but also visible with some
other programs, but it seems to be worse in LO, and I don't think I've
ever noticed it when I put the computer to sleep with LO not running.

I'm running LO 5.1.6.2 on Linux Mint 18. When this happens, I just close
everything out and reboot.

Virgil