On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 00:11:10 -0700
John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> dijo:

>On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 23:05:44 -0700
>John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> dijo:
>
>OK, I didn't go to bed yet and tried a couple more things.

One more thing, and then I'm really going to bed.

With Writer open (ignoring the missing Default.ott file warning on
opening it), I opened the .abw Abiword file and then went to save it as
a normal .odt file. This produced the error message:

        "Error saving the document <filename>: Write Error.
        Error in writing sub-document content.xml.

I hope by tomorrow morning this will all become clear and a solution
will be at hand. :)