> As long as I maintain the object in an ODF format, as a document or a
> template, it works as it should. It's only once LO saves it into an Office
> 2013 format, that it converts to an image. The Office 97 format preserves
> the embedded spreadsheet(s)
> ​.

​I see. What I fail to understand is why your client is unable to open a
file in .doc format, while the MS Office version I have is that released in
2013, which has no problem opening .doc files and I have forwarded files
saved in that format to persons who used MS Office 2016 to open them
without difficulty. What version of MS Office is your client using ?...

Henri​