At 16:59 16/04/2017 -0500, Brian Noname wrote:
Yes, but he enters the data from my invoice into his own systems. This allows him to not have to key it all in, if he can copy and paste.

Aha! I think that is the first we've heard of that.

I can export it to PDF, and I have confirmed that I can copy and paste the text, from the PDF, but it loses its spreadsheet layout. I don't know if that will work for him. So he will be able to use it, but at a reduced level of productivity.

If he needs the functionality of a spreadsheet - formulae and such, and not just the data - then PDF will indeed not do.

I may just have to send him the underlying spreadsheet instead of the nicer format of the company invoice, or in addition to it.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest: that you might send him your invoice in its normal form and the data he needs as a spreadsheet. If he uses a recent version of Microsoft Office, either .xls or .xlsx should work for him. But you may still get back to your earlier solution ...