On 04/24/2017 02:40 PM, Robert Großkopf wrote:

> I won't change to Firebird with any version of LO at this moment.

I haven't been following the FireBird migration.  (I'd rather use
SQLite. But SQLite is only for those who like to live dangerously.)

> There is no problem to use the internal HSQLDB. It will work much
> better than the internal Firebird-database at this moment.

My concern is/was HSqlDb gets dropped from LibO. OTOH, even after being
dropped, it can be used as an external database. And, on the gripping
hand, it looks like in LibO 5.3.2.1 dBase 3 support is still alive. So
maybe a decade from now, both HSqlDB and FireBird support will be built
into LibO.

jonathon