Not sure if I fully understand what you are looking at,
but here is what I have attempted.
Assuming you column data is:
A is month
B is day of Month
C is the rain on day in 2016
D is the rain on day in 2017

I've added Column E and Column F to be real date value.
E2 =DATE(2016,MATCH(A2,$G$1:$G$12),B2)
F2 =DATE(2017,MATCH(A2,$G$1:$G$12),B2)

Copied for all lines in column A-D.
Since the month has to match exactly, I put the month
names in G1-G12 these would need to match with how
you entered months.

In B13 put Days
In C13 forumula to get number of days with rain in range.
=COUNTIFS($C$2:$C$5,">0",$E$2:$E$5,">"&DATE(YEAR(TOD
AY())-1,MO
NTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())))

First part is to not count days with 0 values,
Second part is to only get the date range with year - 1.
(You could subtract on from day, but that would cause issue on
1st,
so would probable need to convert date to  julian format and
subtract 1)

In D13
=COUNTIFS(D2:D5,">0",$F$2:$F$5,"<="&TODAY())

Put Rain in B13

In C13 sum total
=SUMIF($E$2:$E$5,"<="&DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TO
DAY()),DAY
(TODAY())),$C$2:$C$5)
Doesnt' matter if we sum up zero entries.

In D13
=SUMIF($F$2:$F$5,"<="&TODAY(),$D$2:$D$5)

Results I get are 1 day in 2016 with total of 1mm of Rain.
Results for 2017 is 2 days with 16mm of Rain.

My sheet is on one of my college servers.

ftp://fedora9gcc.dyndns.org/rain.ods