Greetings,

This sounds to me to be less of a "fail" than a limitation, unless LO advertises that Impress will write a PostScript file format. Then it could be called a "fail" and should have a bug report submitted on it.

To get you going if you really must have PostScript, you might try pstoedit, a vector file format converter. http://www.pstoedit.net/ It may convert (external to LO) a PDF file to a PS file for you. I use it to convert a PostScript CAD drawing for printing to a DXF CAD drawing for editing in LibreCAD and it works fine for that. There may be other converters out there.

HTH.
Girvin Herr