I think I had the same trouble with Win7 and an Epson Workforce printer.

I do remember reinstalling the printer drivers and looked at the differences with "personal" default printer and "system wide" default printer.

I do not have and Win7 devices anymore, since I decided to up them to Win10. Also, my default OS is Ubuntu 16.04LTS with MATE desktop environment.

If you are able/allowed to do so, you may want to try uninstall/reinstall the printer drivers you use.

I do not have an "industrial" printer, but my HP Laserjet 2300dn printer is the default printer for my home office. Actually I also have the HP Officejet 7000 wide format printer and 2 Canon inkjet printers - Pixma MG6220 and Pixma TS9020 printers - on the printer "wall" in a different room from where I do most of my work using my laptop.

Over the years, I have had some printer issues with Windows - now with Win10 wanting to use their printer "apps" instead of the printer drivers that the printer install packages create. So Win7 should make it easier to use. It just get hairy if the drivers that are installed gets corrupted and needs to be reinstalled.