Tim,

Well, of course this is what one is used to..

Here in the Netherlands (Europe) if one would need different sizes then A1 - A5
one has to specially order it. All is standardized to the A sizes, with the
added advantage that if A5 is needed, and you don't have it on stock, you just
cut A4 in half..

>From our perspective the A standards reduce the need to stock all those sizes
>(letter/legal etc.). Of course the prices are here just contrary to your
>experience.

Rob.