Greetings,

I’m having a problem when trying to use Draw, the other Libre Office programs run great, and it’s been months since I had an error of any kind.

My system is a ThinkCenter with a second generation I5 processor, tons of ram, an ssd and I have an encrypted drive. I do not have any problems when using the spreadsheet or Writer. This has been happening for awhile, and I assumed someone had registered a bug. Today, I see that there is no bug listed.

If I open a new Draw document, make a single entry and then try to save it (even if the document is empty), the vast majority of my icons immediately change to ‘grayed out’ and I get an error message stating:

Error saving the document Untitled1
General Error.
General input/output error.”

From that point, there is nothing I can do that will allow me to continue editing the document...because most of the icons are grayed out.

When the computer is restarted, and I open Draw again, I get the dialogue screen saying that I need to recover my files. However the recovery fails and I have to click on the ‘discard the files’ button.

I created a video showing the problem, but a 25 second video (.avi) was 3.6GB, not sure why it was that large. I used Kazam.

I removed libreoffice-draw (with the purge command) and reinstalled it (both from the command line). It still has the same problem.

TY

Art