Hi Dennis,

Dennis Heuer schrieb:
Hello,

I am trying to write a protocol- or storyboard-alike document in which
the paragraphs are indented and a name is put before the paragraphs
(like a bulletin list with a text-field instead of the bullet.) I tried
several ways to make this work without using cumbersome tables...

Actually I'd want indentions to be remembered across linebreaks. <TAB>
and <SHIFT>-<TAB> would hop over the division borders forth and back.
That would be easiest to use...

...Is there another way? At the moment I use tabs and push every new
line to proper position. But changing the text means reformating it :(

I suggest to use lists. Define for each person a numbering style. Set the "before" field to the name of the person and the "after" field to a colon for example. You can set the numbering itself to "none". Or you keep the numbering - in case you need to refer to paragraphs.

If you name the style the same as the person, you can easily manage then. The way lists are rendered give you the needed indentation automatically, you only need to apply the respective list to the text of the person.

Kind regards
Regina