>>After an incoming SMS, and after a service has been
>>performed, how does smsbox/kannel choose which SMSC
>>the reply will be sent by? [..]
>
>Hi,
>
>I configured 6 smsc's and to control routing I used the parameter
>'allowed-smsc-id' within the smsc-group and 'accepted-smsc' within the sms-service
>group. When an sms is reveived, the sms-service calls an url which can set the
>smsc through the X-Kannel-Headers, if required and control routing. See kannel
documentation (v 1.2.1) pages 47ff, and 75ff. I can provide you
>my configuration as an example, if you wish.

Thanks a lot to everyone for swift replies!

This was very helpful.
I actually do need some routing after message receipt,
so as I understand correctly I:

* set "accept-x-kannel-headers" to true for the service. * from the exec or get-url I return output in this x-kannel format, which allows me to specify SMSC.

I am a bit unsure on this X-Kannel-format though. There's a header spec in the doc - but that includes username/pass (!).

Do you/anyone have a sample X-Kannel return message?

Thanks again, Gustav Tresselt

--
Gustav Tresselt
DataGuard AS