Hi,

    I could not find no immediate-sendsms-reply in the kannel configs. Is this
some undocumented feature. What does it mean exactly ?

Thanks,
Catalin

Wilfried Goesgens wrote:
On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 12:38:57PM +0200, Catalin Trifu wrote:

        Hi,

    First of all, please forgive my persistance; I'm kinda desperate now :(
    I kept an eye on kannel and discovered that it does not close the socket
connections to the apache server which is handling the messages.
    lsof -i shows around 7000 connection on CLOSE_WAIT status (even when
traffic is low)
while the apache machine lsof -i shows none (which is normal actually).
    Apache is configured with WaitTimeout 15 and KeepAlive On.
    Do you think it would help to get rid of KeepAlive and make Timeout
something
like 10 seconds.
    Any ideas ? Could it be some sort of bug in kannel or am I doing something
completely wrong.

Thanks,
Catalin

i suggest you to make immediate-sendsms-reply = true

in your smsbox config. I would suggest to remove this config option and its if's from smsbox, as i 've experienced too, that it makes kannel extremely unreliable.

Catalin Trifu wrote:

  Hi,
 I noticed that kannel no longer forwards the incoming SMSes after some time
of functioning.
 I checked if they are received from SMSC and they were. The apache which
was supposed to get them was up and running well (same network).
 After a restart everything is back to normal again.
 Any ideas.
Thanks,
Catalin