Hello Group,

I just experienced a very rare crash of Kannel. We are using the following
settings for store type:

store-type = file
store-location = /var/log/kannel/msg-store.db

After restarting everything, I noticed a very large (3 GB) msg-store.db.bak
file.

Kannel took several minutes to start back up after this crash during this
time the CPU was nearly maxed out. I assume during this time, Kannel was
processing saved messages from the store file. Is this correct?

What exactly is in the contents of the msg-store.db.bak file? Did these
messages get handled by kannel or did the database simply get saved for
backup purposes. Do I need to do anything specifically to handle all these
messages in the .bak file? Or is it safe to delete now that kannel is back
up?

Thanks,
Jeff