Hi David,

this is a perfect match for a profile. Define your "fixed" configuration in
a profile of the parent that is activated based on the existance of a file.
Add such a "dummy" file in all sub project that should run with the profile
activated, e.g. "touch profiles/fixed". Then you will not even have to
modify the POMs of the sub projects.

Cheers,
Jörg