Hi everyone,

Is there an easy way to download an artifact and its dependencies to a
folder locally?

* dependency:get will download a single artifact without needing a pom.xml.
* dependency:copy-dependencies will copy the dependencies of the current
project to a target location.

But can these two functionalities be combined?

My use case is that I want to run a class from a Maven artifact.

The best I have come up with so far is to synthesize a dummy POM:

g=org.scijava; a=scijava-common; v=RELEASE;
m=org.scijava.script.ScriptREPL; echo
> pom.xml; mvn -DoutputDirectory=. dependency:copy-dependencies; rm
pom.xml; java -cp '*' "$m"

Can this be done more elegantly?

Thanks,
Curtis