Perhaps not adding any suffix to the version for the java8 version would be ok
and to add “java7” to the version for the legacy builds would be a good
compromise.

Chris

Am 08.06.17, 11:11 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>:

    So, they are adding the java version as a suffix to the version of the
artifact … don’t quite know if I really like that solution. I think It would
break some version related automatisms, but it is definitely a safer solution
as the classifier solution. But how would such a build look like? Using version
properties everywhere except the pom type artifacts which are used as parents
by the leaf artifacts? That could work, but would it break anything with the
release-plugin?

    Chris