Does this help?
https://maven.apache.org/settings.html#Plugin_Groups

Maybe something like this...

<pluginGroups>
<pluginGroup>org.apache.maven.plugins</pluginGroup>
<pluginGroup>org.apache.rat</pluginGroup>
<pluginGroup>org.mojohaus.mojo</pluginGroup>
<pluginGroup>org.codehaus.mojo</pluginGroup>
</pluginGroups>

With codehaus dead, either moved to github or mojohaus, the scan
ordering might need to be changed for future releases.

Not sure if you can do it within the pom.xml, or it's purely a
settings.xml change needed.

John