Hello.

I've recently been considering moving to byte-for-byte reproducible
builds of my software packages. It seems fairly easy to get there via
plugins such as the reproducible-build-maven-plugin [0] as long as the
build isn't otherwise unreproducible, but one thing that I am unsure of
is whether or not it's possible to detect and fail the build if a
(transitive) dependency is using version ranges.

For example, if I declare a dependency on a package P and P declares a
dependency on Q using a version range, then my build is effectively
nondetermimistic (because a new version of Q may appear at any time).
As a consumer of P, I may be totally unaware of Q and therefore won't
know to override the versions of Q in my own dependencyManagement
section.

Is there a plugin that can reject the use of version ranges anywhere in
the transitive dependency tree?

I'm currently using scijava's plugin to reject snapshot versions [1],
and am using the dependency plugin to fail builds with undeclared
dependencies.

[0] https://github.com/Zlika/reproducible-build-maven-plugin
[1] https://github.com/scijava/scijava-maven-plugin

--