Hi Russ,

a quick scan of the code and the dependencies of the maven-gpg-plugin suggests there's no need for any changes; this should work with Java 9 as well. MSITE-794 is actually a maven-javadoc-plugin issue which has been fixed. Looks like one of the report plugin is picking up an older version of this plugin.

And I haven't done any releases yet with Java 9. We're testing it, but personally I am waiting for an official release before pushing something with it to Central.

Anyhow, I think we need more info. I would expect at least some logging when the signing would fail.

thanks,
Robert