I'd be more inclined to set it in profiles.xml, but sure, you can set
it in settings.xml if you want.

Read this for more details on profiles:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

Wayne

We are currently passing the -Dserver= <variable> on the mvn command line.
 This variable is referenced in the pom in the following manor.
               <resource>
 <directory>src/main/${server}/resources</directory>
                               <filtering>true</filtering>
               </resource>
Is it possible to set this variable in the settings.xml file and pass it
to the pom?

Thanks,

David Williams
Software Configuration Engineer