Yes, I know that in SMS messaging it is restricted,

but in MMS I am quite sure it is possible by setting the *From* header
inside a MMS to a given string. (test done in another context without
Mbuni).
The thing is that I ask some info about how Mbuni handle these different
parameters (sender, faked-sender, ...) because I have a behavior I don't
understand where:

- I have the string let's say *Sender* set in my config file,
- I send my MMS
- Inside mbuni logs I do see *'from sen...@unknown*'
- In the pcap trace I don't see any value in *From* Header !! the field is
empty
- On my mobile phone I receive the MMS with +123456789 from value

I think because the *From* value inside pcap trace is empty then MMS-C put
the Sender modem MSISDN.
So is there a problem when the sender is not a MSISDN address ?

In mmlib/mms_util.c I found:

*if (isphonenum(*address) || (typ && octstr_str_case_compare(typ,
"/TYPE=PLMN") == 0)) {
    mms_normalize_phonenum(address, unified_prefix, strip_prefixes);
    octstr_append(*address, keep_suffix ? octstr_imm("/TYPE=PLMN") :
octstr_imm(""));
  } else if (typ)
    octstr_append(*address, keep_suffix ? typ : octstr_imm(""));
  else
    octstr_append(*address, keep_suffix ? octstr_imm("@unknown") :
octstr_imm(""));
  octstr_destroy(typ);
}*

Not being an expert in C I wonder if Mbuni is able to replace a MSISDN
address by a string and why it should add '@unknown' after the string.

In any case even with this it don't seems to work as my From field value is
empty...

Maybe some Mbuni experts a some clues about this ?

Regards,

Emmanuel

2010/8/19 Alvaro Cornejo <cornejo.alv...@gmail.com>

> Emmanuel
>
> Don't know much about mbuni, but for sms messaging with gsm modems it
> is no possible to set the &From variable. It allways will be the SIM
> phone number (MSISDN). This feature is restricted by the operators in
> general. You can do that with SMPP.
>
> As you connect through GPRS, it might be different.
>
> Better ask your provider if it is possible.
>
> Regards
>
> Alvaro
>
> |-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
> Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier
> celular y Nextel
> en el Perú, México y en mas de 180 paises. Use aplicaciones 2 vias via
> SMS y GPRS online
>               Visitenos en www.perusms.NET www.smsglobal.com.mx y
> www.pravcom.com
>

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Emmanuel CHANSON
> <emmanuelchan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One question about the sender value in mmsbox:
> >
> > Mbuni CVS + GPRS modem as mmsc.
> >
> > How mmsbox handle the From value &from if the value is not an MSISDN like
> > +xxxxxxxxx/TYPE=PLMN ?
> > I do see in logs that mbuni seems to send a MMS with my string value in
> From
> > Header BUT:
> > - From value is empty in a pcap trace token when mmsbox sent the MMS to
> MMSC
> > - I receive on my destination mobile sender info like my real modem SIM
> > number ie +123456789
> >
> > My purpose is to send a MMS with &from=<string> received like this on
> > destination mobile for instance recipient will receive a MMS coming from
> > MYCOMPANY.
> >
> > In mmsbox.conf:
> > ------------------------
> > group = send-mms-user
> > username = tester
> > password = foobar
> > faked-sender = Sender
> >
> > Test sendmms command:
> > -------------------------------------
> > lynx -dump
> > "
> http://localhost:10003/?username=tester&password=foobar&mmsc=nokiaphone&from=Sender&to=%2Bxxxxxxxxx/TYPE=PLMN&subject=Test&content-url=http://localhost/mms/mms-2.smil
> "
> >
> > mmsbox.log:
> > bearerbox.c:1519 <sendMsg> [MM7] [n/a] Sent MMSBox Outgoing Queue MMS
> Send:
> > From sen...@unknown, to +xxxxxxxxx/TYPE=PLMN, msgsize=96880:
> > msgid=[725F16D40E89735B8F6FE52B698E4CB4]
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Emmanuel

Emmanuel

CHANSON Emmanuel
Mobile Nouvelle-Calédonie: +687.77.35.02
Mobile France: +33 (0) 6.68.03.89.56
@email : emmanuelchan...@gmail.com