I haven't upgrade to current stable yet, so I don't know if my
comment will be appropriate for you, however, I think in mmsc
section you should uncomment custom settings, and provide setting
for port (i.e. port=8976). That's the port on which MM1 module
will listen for incoming notifications, and perhaps lack of this
setting makes it impossible for notify thread to start.